I started watching YouTube videos of trans people for a linguistics project I was working on for a class called "Language and Gender". The class was primarily concerned with the linguistic differences between men and women, and as I was just starting to get into gender theory, I decided to do my project on trans folk. There was a catch - I didn't know any trans folk, myself excluded. So I turned to that all knowing cache of information, the internets.
It's been a few years since that project, and most of the vloggers I followed have lost interest for me, for various reasons. It's hard to keep a diary-style vlog interesting over the course of years. There are a few exceptions, however, and my favorite by far has been Grishno, aka, Erin. Erin's insights into the queer and trans communities are hilarious and thought provoking. She's confident, wicked smart, and not afraid to use the word "fuck". I wish I knew Erin in the meat realm.
Here's a non-serious Grishno video for you. There are plenty of serious ones, as well, touching on subjects of gender, sexuality, politics, and marriage, dating, and life in general.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It's always so crazy to me when people write blogs and what not about my videos. I love it though. Thanks for the kind words!
ReplyDeleteyou lived in long beach and never knew someone trans-gendered?....seriously?
ReplyDelete